Design is the silent ambassador of your brand
After 30 years of working in Print, Multimedia and the Web, that quote from legendary graphic designer Paul Rand still runs deep. And one constant from creative services that will always be in play (from my end of the field) is fighting for the design. I'm more passionate about it than ever. Even with the occasional dismissal of the job as being mere icing on the cake, one can't help be continually inspired by design. We're surrounded by it. From the strategic through the simple aesthetic, it continues to play me like a fiddle.
Beyond design, I've fully committed to my photographic work the last three years and the five-stage process that goes with it...and it's a labor of love to say the least!
1) Traveling to the photograhic destination
2) Working a scene and exposing the image
3) Post production of the image
4) Fine art archival printing
5) Finishing work: museum quality matting and framing
My formal print portfolio features a selection of my favorites and will be for sell in the near future. For a wider ranging (and more casual) viewing of other work, visit vsonoma.com, my online gallery. Here I've grouped a wide array of images into "like minded" portfolios by subject, one-day shoots at various locations, documented photography safaris, travelogues and road trips plus a mixed bag of other categories.
On the side I also enjoy working on mixed media projects (currently large constructions with twigs, branches, plexiglass). See some of the Mixed-Media work here.
Mark Wegner Bio
2010 - Present: Mark Wegner Art Direction
Design, Photography and Photo Illustration - Sonoma County, CA
1996 - 2009: WA Interactive
Web, Print Design and Production Services - Sonoma County, CA
• Produced 2.0, 3.0, 4.0* Netscape Browser/Demo Web sites (client: Halleck)
* first published Web use of Dynamic HTML
• Designed/produced 10 Brand sites for Kendall-Jackson
• Designed/produced Christo 25 Year Retrospective Museum Catalog
1989 - 1995: Forest Green Media
Multimedia & Interactive Services - Sonoma County, CA
• Founding Partner Wine.net, 1994
• Registered kj.com and launched an extensive, content-driven wine site in 1994
1980 - 1988: James/Allan
Advertising & Graphic Design - Orange County, CA
• Design projects for Taco Bell (Pepsico), Holmes & Narver (International Engineering Firm)
Education: BS Communication Arts, Minor - Fine Art, Cal Poly, Pomona
Really Personal: Married (Carol), 2 children (Rob and Kaci)
Interests: Mixed Media Art, Gardening, Camping (anywhere except WalMart), Home Improvement Attempts